What type of things does a seller need to consider when choosing which agent they want to sell their property? Selecting an agency to sell your property, or home, is extremely important because they help ensure to sell your property at the price you want. Here are some questions you should ask when selecting the right real estate agent to sell your property:
1. What other properties have you recently sold in the Reno area?
Agents will frequently have a certain type of property that they excel at selling because of their location, experience and personal preferences. It is recommended that the agent has sold at least 5-6 properties similar to yours in the past twelve months. They should be in a similar neighborhood and be relative in price and type.
2. How long have you been a real estate agent in Reno?
Experience is a must have, when choosing an agent, but it is not the only requirement when selecting the right agent. You need to also find someone who has had enough experience to control all aspects of the sale, joint with the enthusiasm and motivation required to secure a buyer for your property.
3. What selling price do you think I can attain?
Potential agents will give you a sale price they think they can attain for your property. The most imperative question to ask is “What are you basing that on?” They should then reinforce this with recent sales in your area of comparable properties, both from their agency and others.
Be sure the agent provides evidence as to why they have come up with a certain sale price. Some agents say they can get the best price for you just in order to secure the listing.
4. How much will I need to spend on advertising to ensure the sale of my property?
There are two forms of advertising:
- Traditional – newspapers, signboards, agency window display and brochures
- Digital – online advertising that reaches clients through their online device such as website listings on agency and third party websites and e-mail marketing/brochures.
Depending on the type of property and its location, digital media options may be enough – have a look at what similar properties are doing in your area. You can try to advertise differently then the competition in order to differentiate your property and bring on more attention.
5. How long do you think it will take to sell my property and why?
When asking the agent this question, do not expect the agent to give you an exact number of days that it will take to sell your property! You are testing thier understanding of the current market and the factors impacting the reno area, and how these will contribute to the selling process.